Saturday, June 2, 2012

DIY Chic Kitty Bowls

I am very pleased to announce a new addition to my wittle family of myself and boyfriend of 3 years, Ryan. Everyone meet Harlow :)

I've been searching for the perfect kitten for over 3 months now and finally found her.  Can't wait to spoil her in every way possible.
While scrolling through countless pages on Pinterest, I came across some DIY pet bowls from http://www.urbanejane.com/2012/03/super-bowl-sunday-canine-style.html that fit the vibe of my kitchen perfectly. Not only are they adorable, they were a piece of cake to make (and they meant another trip to Hobby Lobby a.k.a. HEAVEN ON EARTH yay!)


I purchased two of these lovely glass candlesticks for only $2.99!
Glass Taper Holder & Candlestick
I then made my way up the road to Wal Mart and purchased two different sized silver pet bowls for a whopping 99 cents.


My craft night bff Vivian had some left over tiffany blue paint so I used that to hand paint the candlesticks. When the paint dried, I hot glued the bowls to the candlesticks. After a night of drying I had completed my chic kitty bowls for under 10 bucks.
If thats not a successful DIY, I don't know what is!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment