Wednesday, May 30, 2012

DIY Party Cup


Ready to get rid of those red solo cups and party in style?!
Not only is this upgrade chic, it will save you money!
No more buying entire packs of cups just to use one and throw it away.
  
Heres what you'll need:
Oversized glass cup
Glass paint
Pearl/Jewel stickers
I was able to buy all of my supplies at Michaels!
I grabbed an oversized margarita glass, two bottles of Martha Stewart Multi-Surface Acrylic Craft Paint (Acorn & Beetle Black), and a sheet of Martha Stewart Pearl Stickers. 
I found this simple leopard pattern on google and tried to somewhat follow the shapes.
I began by free handing the brown shapes onto the entire glass. I decided to go back  over the shapes after the first coat dried because as you can see, it was pretty streaky.


I then went back and blotted/stippled the black paint in random spots and shapes.

After I let the cup dry for awhile, I tried to stick on the pearl stickers.
Unfortunately, they didn't stick AT ALL so I had to hot glue them on.


This extremly simple yet adorable craft only cost me $14.00 and will probably save me money in the long run!
Hope you enjoyed :)

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment