Saturday, May 12, 2012

DIY Chevron Sneakers


I don't know if it's just me... but I am OBSESSED with chevron. Chevron curtains, chevron rugs, chevron clothes, chevron... well you get the picture. Vivian and I decided one craft day (yes we have started comitting entire days to our crafting addiction) that we were going to express our love for chevron on some hideous white kicks from Target.
Here is our lovely before picture..


and after 2 hours of hard work and several hand cramps later, my after :)


I can't tell you how many times someone has asked me where I bought them! Love the feeling of a successful DIY :)

What you'll need:
Any pair of old/new white sneakers
Fabric markers or Sharpies
A chevron template

When I said hideous.. I wasn't kidding. They don't call them the "Olga Sneaker" for nothing.
Got these winners at Target for $12.99

Womens Mossimo Supply Co. Olga Canvas Flat Sneakers - White
Hobby Lobby has a ton of fabric markers to choose from. I decided on FabricMate Chisel tip. I purchased mist grey, neon orange, strawberry, and turquoise.
WARNING: These particular fabric markers bleed really bad... when drawing your stripes leave a little bit of white space inbetween to give it room to bleed.


As I mentioned in my sunburst spoon mirror tutorial, I'm kind of a perfectionist so I used a template for most of my shoes but Vivian winged her and they still came out lookin' awesome. I simply looked up chevron template on google. I then copy and pasted it to Microsoft Word and messed with the size until I found the perfect one! When I wanted a smaller or bigger stripe than the others, I just scooted the template over a little bit more. Worked like a charm :)


Thanks for checkin' out my blog.
 I would LOVE to see how your kicks turned out!
Pin It Now!

1 comment: